Friday, October 8, 2010

Hard Work!

School has been in for a little over a month now and I am definitely feeling it. I have a hundred times more studying to do this semester than I did last semester. Chef Satan is horrible, awful, and unbelievably mean. He has actually pushed me out of the way twice. He has no manners at all. If you don't get out of his way he will actually and purposefully run into you. He is ridiculous and I cant stand him. Now, he is a genius as far as it goes in the baking world but that doesn't mean he should get free reign of the world just because he is a douche! The good part of the class is that I am learning to make amazing breads. I brought some home and amber thought that they were professionally done. I can't wait to start trying to recipes out at home and sharing them. Its amazing what a few extra ingredients and techniques will do to a product.
My other chef, we will refer to him as Chef French, is amazing. He is the exact opposite of chef satan. He is so patient and nice and really appreciates people who work hard and try to get everything that he wants done. I hope that he realizes that I work my butt off in that class. I would love to be able to work for him one day. That would seriously be an honor. We will have to see what the future holds. I still don't know if he is teaching more classes next semester but I hope so!! In this class I am learning how to make more fancy fillings, glazes, pies, etc. Its not a ton of stuff that I would use at home but I there are definitely some amazing recipes that I want to make for everyone. I guess thats the benefit of me being in culinary school, all those around me really benefit!

1 comment:

Stacie said...

Wow. I'm so impressed with all this knowledge you're getting. I would love to sit at your table and watch you work.

And Chef Satan? HAHA! Laughed out loud!