Tuesday, March 2, 2010

School Adventure Starts

On January 20th, 2010, I began my new life. After my dad passed away I realized that life is extremely short and that I DID NOT want to work for welfare forever. I wanted to have a life of my own and do something that I really love. So, after a huge amount of prayer I decided to quit my job and go to school full-time. It has been about a month and a half and it has been the hardest most rewarding decision I have ever made. Each class is 5 hours straight, no breaks, and you are on your feet the whole time. For someone of my size, this is hard. Plus, the kitchens are usually around 85-90 degrees and the amount of sweat on everyone at the end of class would make most normal people vomit with disgust. For my cooking classes I am taking Chocolate and Sugar Arts. Here are some pictures of the projects I have done. The first picture is a pirate ship made out of all chocolate and the other pictures are all made of sugar. The flower is made of pulled sugar and the fruit is made of blown sugar.








6 comments:

Minna and Matt Pedersen said...

You are so talented Meggie!! I am so proud of you!!

i said...

i saw that beautiful blue ball thing at mom's. soo cool. i even wanted to lick it. :)

Stacie said...

Those are GORGEOUS!! You are so talented and I love seeing you do something you love!

PookaB said...

Go Megen! Go Megen! Go! Go!

Angie said...

Its about time you showed off all these pictures! You are so talented! Im so happy you have decided to do this!

lilmegmo said...

Thanks you guys! It means a lot to me to have your support!